Most of our learners come to us for basic educational needs. Although they vary on what level and what goals they have, we have collected some great sites here to help with a variety of learners.
- Adult Literacy Tutor – Training for volunteers working at literacy sites throughout the state of Virginia.
- Lesson Plans & Activities – Lesson plans and activities; using the language experience approach.
- Adult Learning Resource Center – A wealth of links for instructors and tutors.
- English for Everyone – A resource for free printable English grammar worksheets.
- Hand Writing Worksheets – Create custom handwriting worksheets for low-level students
- Kitz Kikz Flashcard Maker– Easily create printable flash cards by typing in or cutting/pasting words
- DLTK’s Growing Together– Print out sets of 6 or 12 custom, themed memory cards. Themes include body parts, time, nutrition and household items
- Math Drills – Free printable math worksheets.
- SuperKids Math Worksheet Creator – Math worksheet creator.
- Adult Numeracy – Teachers investigating adult numeracy.
- Dyscalculia – Math learning disability resource.
- The Math Worksheet Site – Create a multitude of math worksheets for your student. Call the learning center office for log in.
- CommonCoreSheets – One of the best for incremental work on a variety of math processes.
- Math-Aids– Provides free math worksheets for teachers, parents, students, and homeschoolers
- www.edhelper.com – Covers topics from basic literacy to all levels of mathematics.