Writing and grammar help us express ourselves to the world around us. Here in the United States, we enjoy the freedom of speech. By learning to improve our writing and grammar skills, we engage and express ourselves more effectively. It can build our self confidence and self esteem. It helps explain our thoughts and ideas and helps us understand the thoughts and ideas of others. With clear communication skills, we can improve individual and community lives.
Links to Practice Sites
- GED Essay Game – This interactive activity helps learners construct organized essays.
- Grammar Bytes – Very good for grammar exercises and tutorials.
- Sheppard Software – Language Arts games for a wide range of levels.
- McGraw-Hill – Look at four sample essays and their scores.
- www.newsela.com – Non-fiction and current event articles. You can choose the grade level for reading the articles.
- www.kitzkikz.com/flashcards – Easily create printable flash cards by typing in or cutting/pasting words.
- www.puzzlemaker.com – Create your own word games and crossword puzzles.
- www.typing.com – Online typing tutor which can save student progress.
- www.ocls.info/virtual/onlinedatabases/db – a link to the various resources offer by the Orange County Library System.
- www.rewordify.com – Create easy to read passages with embedded definitions, print vocabulary lists
- www.kahoot.com – Create fast-paced games on smartphones or tablets
- www.khanacademy.org – Math, science, grammar
- www.readtheory.org – Reading practice with informational texts